Monday 27 November 2017

Literacy
Don't forget to do complete your word study practice tonight.

Today we read the first few chapters of "The One and Only Ivan". Most of the responses in the journal are RED questions. You must make an INFERENCE and support the inference using proof from the book and your own ideas. Think about...

Ivan says, "In my size humans see a test of themselves."
What do you think he means? When humans look at Ivan what do they think? What do they assume a  gorilla is thinking?

Ivan says, "Anger is precious. A silverback uses anger to maintain order and warn his troop of danger. When my father beat his chest, it was to say, Beware, listen, I am in charge. I am angry to protect you, because that was what I was born to do."

For tomorrow's writing lesson, think of a time you felt a strong emotion. When did you feel angry, sad, afraid, surprised or nervous?

Math
We finished comparing and ordering numbers. Try to play at least one game tonight. RETURN the games tomorrow. We will find some time to play therm. Get your MathUP homework signed. Correct homework from last week.

Religion
On Sunday we celebrated the feast of Christ the King. Remember the words of Jesus...

"For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, a stranger and you welcomed me, naked and you clothed me, ill and you cared for me, in prison and you visited me.
Whatever you did for one of the least brothers of mine, you did for me."

The feast of Christ the King is always celebrated the week before Advent. Why?
Science
Make sure you're studying each evening for your tests on Thursday and Friday. Think about your creature for your project. Some students have completed the handout already. BRAVO!

Social Studies
Today we began our study of the physical or landform regions of Canada. The physical features of a region refers to what the land is like. There are three main landform regions in Canada:

1. Shield (Canadian Shield)
2. Highlands (Western Cordillera, Appalachian, Arctic)
3. Lowlands (Interior Plains, Hudson Bay Lowlands, Great Lake-St. Lawrence Lowlands, Arctic)

Tomorrow we begin with the Western Cordillera.... absolutely breathtaking!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Happy Sixth Week of Summer! So far we have looked at the chance something could happen in terms of words (e.g. likely, impossible, unlik...